June 29, 2008

Camp Re-cap and Rest Week

Now that the national team camp is over, and we're finishing up a busy rest week, I finally have time to catch up on things.

The camp ended well. The second week started with the duathlon I wrote about in my previous post, and ended with a trip to a good friend's wedding in New Hampshire. In between, we had VO2 Max testing on the big treadmill at the OTC. Overall, it was a great camp, with some really high quality training. It was great to get to train with such a big group of girls and I'm definitely looking forward to the next camp when we're all together again.

VO2 Max testing.

Though the camp was great, I was more than ready for the rest week that followed. After a quick trip to New Hampshire over the weekend for my friend's wedding, Zach and I spent the next couple days house and dog sitting for a friend in Lake Placid. It was great to get out of the OTC for a few days and get to cook and enjoy having a whole house to relax in. We began some light training at the end of the week, and are gearing up for an interval week next week. After heading to Jericho, VT for some combo training (rollerskiing and shooting) on the roller loop there for Monday and Tuesday, Zach and I will go down to Rhode Island to spend the Forth of July with my family at the beach. While training won't stop for the holiday, it will be nice to hang out on the beach a bit and see my family.

Dartmouth Nordi girls reunion! Post-wedding hike up Mount Moosilauke.

A beautiful rainbow while house sitting.

No comments: