March 10, 2012

Happy Women's Day!

Thank you to the Russian fan for the beautiful Women's Day flowers! You made my day!!

So I'm a couple day late...but these things happen with the excitement of World Championships. Let me break down the excitement since the Mixed Relay: I recovered from 2 penalties in the Sprint to qualify in 49th place for the Pursuit; I shot clean (20/20) for the first time ever in a 4-stage World Cup event in the Pursuit and moved up to 41st; with only 3 penalties, I scored a few World Cup points in the Individual, and Susan Dunklee had a fantastic day, placing 5th! We're now looking forward to the Relay event and these Championships on a true upswing. I'll then be off to Russia for the final World Cup competitions in Khanty-Mansiysk.

On the big screen during the Sprint race.

Coach Jonne with some final instructions as we prepare for the Relay.

No comments: